Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beginning the Countdown

"Each of my kids was so different that none prepared me for the next.  Not only that, but I messed up in completely different ways with each of them!" -Anonymous

I always knew in the back of my mind, this day would come.  I just didn't think it would come so soon.  I mean,  for more than 23 years I have held the same job, at the same company, and it is coming to an end...I am being laid off and need to find a new job!  I really don't want to or for that matter even know what to do.  I was happy doing what I was doing.  I mean, there were days that it was mundane, I was lonley and I didn't feel appreciated.  But I still wasn't ready to be given the pink slip.

My job for the past 23 year has been mother to the three greatest kids there are!  They are 23, 22 and 17.  I never would of thought that they would all be leaving home at the same time.  I mean I had them spaced out enough to go through this change gradually.  I would get used to one leaving the nest but I would still have two more at home.  Then when I got used to that, the next one would leave and I would get used to that and so on.  Things don't always happen as you plan.

So here I am today.  Counting down the days until I become an empty nest mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment