Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Does Everyone Go Through This?

Do all moms go through this...or am I the only one?  Not only is it sad for me to think that my kids will be leaving, but it is frightening to think "What will I do now"!  I've never thought about me or what I would do. I didn't have to.  I was always wondering what the kids would do, their schooling, vacations, activities, even if they were happy.  Sure, my husband talks about traveling and having more time to read and spending more time together as a couple when the kids are gone, but what will I really do with my life? What will make me happy?  I don't know yet, and the unknown is what is so scary to me.  I was a stay-at-home mom and knew what my job was and didn't have to think about anything else.  Now, I would never change any of that for a moment...don't get me wrong...I love my life, it is just this new chapter that scares me.

I did start working 10 years ago at various part-time jobs that would accommodate my 9:00-3:00 schedule.  With each of those jobs, what was most important was not what I was doing, but the flexibility in my schedule they had to offer. Soon though, I will be able to think about a career that is right for me!  One that doesn't need to work around the school bus schedule.  I might even be able to go on vacation when it is not spring break.  How can that be so exciting and so scary all at the same time?  My emotions are all over the board.  Perimenopause might not help with that...but that is a whole other subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment